Experience Halloween LA Style! Check out this list of cool and scary events and places to be for the whole month of October.
1. Seek thrill at theme parks.
See these famous Los Angeles amusement parks in a different light as they’re all dressed up for Halloween. Warning: they’re absolutely not for the faint hearted.
Griffith Park via Time Out LA
For the thrill seeker, take your pick:
- The Secret Society of the Haunted Hayride at Old Zoo Griffith Park until October 31 - Get on a hair-raising hayride in a pitch black maze filled with boogeymen
- Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights, Universal Studios & CityWalk , Universal City, until November 5 - Watch your darkest movie nightmare come to life and see yourself in scenes of The Walking Dead, the Exorcist, or American Horror Story.
Knott’s Halloween Haunt at Knott’s Berry Farm, Buena Park until October 31 - Find yourself lost in a sprawling farm with 10 mazes swarming with a thousand monsters.
2. See the Rise of the Jack O’ Lanterns
Here’s an event to catch with your friends and family. Thousands of hand-carved Halloween pumpkin lanterns lit and artistically arranged into various figures and set to an awesome musical score. Suddenly Jack O’ Lanterns are beautiful in our book again. The Rise of the Jack O’ Lanterns is happening at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Downtown L.A. from October 13 to 16.
3. Scary screenings for FREE
The coolest perk of being in LA is being surrounded with theaters and film studios. Catch your favorite classic horror and modern macabre films for FREE. There’s the Rocky Horror Picture Show at Nuart Theater, West LA every 11:59 PM on all Saturdays of October, Sadako vs. Kayako at the Egyptian Theater 9:45 p.m. on Friday, October 7, and a whole lot more.
Our favorite is the Halloween & Mourning Movie Night at the Heritage Square Museum on October 15. FREE for museum members and $10 dollars for the general public. Because this is an outdoor movie screening, you can watch under the stars and bring picnic blankets and baskets, of course.