American adventurer Christopher McCandless famously said, “Happiness is only real when shared.” Celebrating other people’s success and happiness is an excellent example of that. Sending flowers for congratulations is one of the most tangible ways to express your best wishes to your friends and family.
In this blog, our florists have put together a complete guide if you plan to book a congratulations flower delivery. We covered everything from our favorite blooms, flower meanings, and messages to put on cards.
Fabulous Flowers for Congratulations
It’s hard ever to go wrong when sending flower arrangements to congratulate someone on a recent success or milestone. Most festive and vividly colored flower arrangements are a perfect fit for expressing positive messages like this one.
But if you’re a bit lost or want to incorporate special flower meanings into your hand bouquet, here’s what our top florists recommend.
- Yellow Roses for new job offers or much-awaited promotions
- Sunflower bouquet for school graduations
- Iris in flower arrangements represents celebrations, with one variety named “Congratulations.”
- Orange tulips or roses for new adventures or bon voyage wishes
- Peruvian lilies for support and admiration in new endeavors
- Orchid arrangements or succulent plants for a housewarming gift
- White or soft, pastel-hued floral arrangements for weddings and wedding anniversaries.
- White roses, peonies, or tulips for engagement
- Pastel pink flower arrangements for the birth of newborn baby girls
- Pastel blue flowers for the birth of baby boys
In photo: Eternal Sunshine, $180
If you want to take your congratulations flowers and gift-giving to the next level, we also have luxury gift boxes that feature special gift items, such as premium wines and bubbly, chocolates, bath and beauty products, or cute baby gifts. In addition, each box is decked with gorgeous fresh orchids and the season’s finest flowers to make it more heart-melting. We can customize your gift box to fit the occasion or recipient’s preferences.
When Is The Best Time to Send Congratulations Flowers?
The timing of your congratulations flower delivery is critical. You do not want to send flowers prematurely to avoid awkward situations like when something unexpected happens and things don’t fall according to plan.
For example, you sent a lovely bouquet to send best wishes for a friend’s engagement only to find out that the other party declined. Wait until it’s official. In addition, you want to make sure that you’re privy to the news and didn’t get it from hearsays. Some people prefer to keep major news secret, and you have to respect that.
On the other hand, you also do not want to send your congratulations flowers too late. Close friends or family members may think you forgot about them. Send flowers to congratulate new parents at least three days after they get home from the hospital. Let friends know you’re happy with their new home or apartment by bringing flowers with a bottle of wine at their housewarming party.
In photo: Beauty and Bubbly, $299
Our Go-to Congratulations Messsages
Don’t know what to say? Here are some of the sweetest messages we found on Hallmark and beyond to give you ideas.
- Promotions - “I know you’ve worked so hard for this. Congratulations!”
- Graduation - “Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- New Home - “Congratulations to my favorite new home owner! Wishing you blessings and bliss in your beautiful place.”
- Birth of New Baby - Cheers to the cutest baby in town and congratulations to the new mom and dad. This baby is so blessed because you’re going to be amazing.
In photo: Tranquility Orchids, $309
Send Congratulations Flower Delivery to Santa Monica
Orchid Republic is a local floral boutique with studios in Sherman Oaks, Costa Mesa, and Santa Monica. We have an extensive selection of orchids and floral arrangements, making thoughtful and tasteful gifts for all occasions.
Shop flowers online today and get same-day flower delivery anywhere in Los Angeles, Orange County, and Santa Monica.