Flowers are a welcome gift that’s perfect for all occasions. It’s a nice token of appreciation for anyone on your team and a tasteful corporate gift idea to send clients. In this article, we share a list of expert advice on how to send flowers to anyone you work with.
Tips for Sending Flowers to Clients and Colleagues
Do not use red roses - Instead, use yellow, white, or colorful flowers to avoid the gesture getting misinterpreted as a romantic gesture. White and green flowers and orchid arrangements are elegant choices for clients.
- Take note of flower allergies - Find out if the recipient has allergies or if anyone in the office is allergic to flowers. Or better yet, opt for allergy-friendly flower bouquets to stay on the safe side.
- Send as a group - If sending flowers to your boss, ask your other department members for a contribution so you can send them as a group. Not only is it more cost-effective, but it’s also not going to be misinterpreted by your colleagues. In photo: Sunflower Sonata, $169
Be fair with gifting - If you’re giving out flowers for employee birthdays and other special occasions, make sure you don’t miss out on anyone and end up offending them. Refrain from sending a bigger or more expensive bouquet to only some employees and not others. Instead, automate the process by getting a corporate floral subscription service, so your account manager can take care of it for you.
Keep messages professional but inspiring - Send business flowers with a note card containing kind and encouraging words to employees. If you’re sending it to a client, make sure it’s formal and on-brand.
- Use orchids or masculine floral arrangements for male recipients - You can send anyone flowers although it's best to stick with neutral options for those who are more traditional.
The Best Business Flower Arrangements
Sending flower bouquets at a workplace — whether for colleagues or clients —can be a thoughtful way to maintain a strong professional connection and forge long-lasting friendships. There are so many special occasions that call for a beautiful flower arrangement.
- Birthday Flowers - Make employees feel special on their special day.
- Get Well Flowers - Send bright and colorful floral arrangements to colleagues who have been hospitalized or who had to stay home because of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- Sympathy Flowers - Express your condolences as a company or personally to a grieving staff who lost a loved one.
- Work Anniversary Flowers - A simple gesture that will never go unnoticed by every hardworking employee.
- Congrats Flowers - Give employees your best wishes with congratulations flowers for their work promotion, engagement, wedding, or welcoming a new baby.
- Retirement Flowers - A sweet and heartwarming send-off gift for loyal employees or bosses.
In addition, you can also treat your staff to fresh flowers on the following holidays:
- Employee Appreciation Day (every first Friday of March)
- Women’s Day (March 8)
- Mother’s Day (every second Sunday of May)
- Father’s Day (every third Sunday of June)
Corporate Flower Arrangements and Gifts for Same-Day Delivery
Orchid Republic offers beautiful bouquets and orchid arrangements that make tasteful gifts to clients and colleagues. Shop our online flower collection or set up a corporate flower subscription account with us, so you can have an account manager to manage everything for you. For detailed inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our friendly florists and representatives will be more than happy to assist you.