Bringing flowers on a first date — yay or nay? This one’s more of a case-to-case basis. For some people, it may be seen as old-fashioned or might come across as too strong. Nevertheless, it’s hard ever to go wrong with beautiful florals. Treating someone with a gorgeous bouquet on the first date can absolutely be plus points and be seen as gentlemanly or a romantic gesture that can make anyone feel extra special.
When is it OK to bring flowers…
- If you’ve known each other for a long time, maybe as friends back in college
- If you started as friends but now want to try as romantic partners
- If you’ve hung out a few times and now’s the only time you’re given a chance to go out on an “official date”
- If you really like the person so much and want to get a second date
- If you want to genuinely make a good impression
When it might not be a good idea…
- If you are going on a blind date with a complete stranger
- If you’re not sure about how you feel about the person
- If you are not looking for a serious relationship
- If the person explicitly told you they hate or their allergic to flowers
Our Top Picks for First Date Flowers
- Rose or tulip bouquets — They are portable and can easily be carried even if you have a lot of activities planned out for your date.
- Orchid arrangements — They last a long time, making you and the moments you shared on the date unforgettable.
- Floral gift box — Decked with blooms, chocolates, or wine, these are the perfect first date gifts if you’re trying to impress or set the bar high.
Shop Romantic Flowers For Same-Day Delivery
Orchid Republic is an upscale floral boutique that offers same-day flower delivery in Los Angeles, Orange County, and Santa Monica. Our extensive selection of premium orchids and passionate floral arrangements make fitting gifts for life’s sweetest moments.
Take your first date to the next level. Shop flowers for love and romance today!