As they say, here comes the season of pumpkin spice and everything nice. That lovely time of the year when fruits and foliage become as beautiful as the flowers. Get the most out of the fall season by being up-to-date with the freshest flower and color trends.
Let’s start with colors. Who says Pantone Color Forecasts apply only to fashion? And who says our flower choices should be limited to purples and oranges and browns just because it’s the season of crops and pumpkins and crisp, fallen leaves?
We’ve seen these delicious hues on models gracing every glamorous haute couture runway of every fall fashion week. We bet they don’t just look fabulous on fashion pieces, but on our favorite flowers too.
Check out our top picks from the Pantone Color Forecast for Fall 2016:
- Aurora Red (18-550) – sophisicated, sensual, and breeds unmistakable confidence
- Dusty Cedar (18-1630) – a fall version of the rosey shades of spring, warm and welcoming
- Potter’s Clay (18-1340) – warm with a tinge of russet orange undertones
- Spicy Mustard (14-0952) – a spicy and spunkier yellow, exquisite and exciting
- Bodacious (17-3240) – a pleasant surprise for fall, it’s bright, rich purple with a pinch of plush pink
Tip#1: Ask your florist to surprise you with a mix and match of these gorgeous fall colors for your next flower arrangement.
When it comes to flowers, this season is blessed with a colorful blend of amazing flowering varieties. Some of the most popular autumn/fall flowers are:
- Queen Anne’s lace
- Gerbera daisy
- Garden rose
Tip #2: Fall is all about bounty and abundance. Give your flower arrangements the illusion as if they're wild flowers you gathered along the road or your backyard. They should look colorful, thriving, and yes, wild. Feel free to throw in some leaves, herbs, and berries of all kinds into the mix for more oomph, color, texture, and mystery.
For more ideas for fall, go see our stunning Fall Collection.